ITETE LUTHERAN COUNCIL DESIGNATED HOSPITAL BUSOKELO DISTRICT COUNCIL
CONSTRUCTION OF NEW OUT-PATIENTS DEPARTMENT
PRELIMINARY REPORT – 1
Itete hospital owes a roll to save the community health. The increase in population and multifarious in health sector does not tall with the available infrastructure, especially in Out-Patient Department (OPD) which has vast increase in number of patients/clients. These patients do not need only medical service but also need categorization and standard care. In order to attain all that there is need to increase and modify available infrastructure, hence the need to construct new OPD/CASUALITY department.
APARTMENTS/SECTION PROPOSED IN NEW OPD BUILDING
Medical clinic, Obstetrics and gynecology clinic, Pediatrics clinic, General OPD, Emergence department, Medical store and reception, Psychiatric department, Special clinic for NHIF/CHF, Eye unity, Physiotherapy unity, PITC/VCT room, Palliative care room, Dental unity, Resource center (library), Meeting room, Staff and patient toilets, Staff on call resting rooms, Staff tea room and Blood bank.
START OF THE PROJECT
PHASE – 1
The project of construction of new OPD building started on September/2015. It was discussed by HMT that the project should start with small fund we have collected while looking for-ward for more fund from internal and external sources. We have received funds a total of Tsh 20,203,976.94/= from our friends in Jesus. Out of it 7,710,511.39/= comes from Mission EineWelt (German) and 12,493,465.55/= comes from our friend in USA – Lower Susquehanna Synod – LSS (ELCA) with these funds we agreed to start with the land scalping and start the constructing of the foundation. The work stated and finished the foundation of two block building.
On 22april/2016 we received fund for the same from our friends in German as follow;
1. From Congregation of Munich west, German – EURO -3000
2. Zakayo congregations (Munich west), German – Euro 4000
3. VEMA (private Insurance Company), German –Euro 1600
It makes a total of Euro 8600, the amount was converted to Tanzania Shilling 20,797,534.65 (see attached bank statement)
With this fund, HMT (Hospital Management Team) discussed and agreed to procure the following materials.
1) Building stones – (for finishing the remaining part of foundation) – 20 trips @ Tsh 170,000/= (Tsh 3,400,000/=)
2) Sand – (for foundation, floor and to makes bricks) – 20 trips @ Tsh 170,000/= (Tsh 3,400,000/=)
3) Cements – 200 bags @ Tsh 16,000/= (Tsh 3,200,000/=)
4) Iron Bar – 40 pc @ Tsh 20,000/= (Tsh 800,000/=)
5) Timbers – 115 pc from hospital forestry – Tsh 442,000/= (labour charge)
6) Labour charge (30%) given Tsh 3,000,000/=
7) Total used up to now – Tsh 14,242,000/=
The work is still in progress
HOSPITAL PLAN TO FINNISH THE CONSTRUCTION WITH MINIMAL COST
Hospital Management Team (HMT) discussed to manage the construction of OPD with minimal cost using financial value of the resources available. Here is the plan
1. To use available man power available at the hospital to the maximum whenever it is necessary.
2. To use our machine (brick manufacture machine present at the hospital to make building block instead of buying it.
3. To use available hospital forest to make timbers for roofing and other use instead of buying it.
4. To use hospital engineers (employed by the hospital) to cover some of the activities which are within their scope of professional i.e. plumbing, wiring, carpentry work etc.
Some challenges we faced/are facing
1. Electricity poles in within the construction site – we thank God we managed to remove them despite long Government bureaucracy we had to follow and pay for it’s removal.
2. Hydro electrical power wire crosses the construction site with its transformer planted nearby the site – we are about to reallocate to another site
3. Big tree situated in-within the construction site; – we thank God we manage to remove it.
We thank God for your generous Giving. All we can do is to thank God for your love.
(Philippians 4: 16-17) “Not that we are eager for your gift, but we do seek and we are eager for the fruits which increases to your credit.”
God bless you.!!!